Sunday 11 October 2015

The Z Files: Cynthia Harrison ~ Aries


Welcome to The Z Files!  I invited a selection of writers and bloggers to show how the characteristics of their star sign influence their work; they were asked to treat the subject as seriously, cynically or lightly as they liked....  links to all previous posts can be found at the end of this one.
.:*´`*:.


Today it's the turn of Aries writer from Michigan, Cynthia Harrison, one of the most charming people I've met in the writerly Twittersphere.  She writes mostly romantic fiction, published by Wild Rose Press, though is branching out sideways soon ~ all will be revealed.  Last year I read her book Lukes #1 Rule (romance/family drama including a very insightful take on addiction); my review is HERE.


Tell us about your astrological self, Cindy

Aries (with Libra Rising)

"As a fiction writer, I hide behind my laptop screen telling stories, which doesn’t seem like something an Aries would do.  Aries is a fire sign, they like to be first, they tend to take the lead, they want to front the band. Libras are a little less out there. So I get my introversion from the Libra side and my intense drive to create from the Aries end of things."


"I’ve always known I was not a typical Aries, because these folks are not known as shy. I have plenty of Aries friends and they have no problem voicing their opinions and telling you exactly what they think you should do. I tend to go along with what everyone else wants. I’m a peaceful person and avoid conflict, something many Aries don’t mind one bit. They don’t mind getting up to make a speech at a party, either, while I have a panic attack just thinking of myself on a stage or behind a microphone.

I let my Aries out through my characters, who tend to be fearless take-action types. They help me get my Aries daredevil fix in an safe environment wearing yoga pants."

Libra and Aries

You know how you don't see in yourself the traits that others do?  I'd like to add that Cindy is delightfully (and Aries-ly!) straightforward and honest about areas of difficulty within her own life, blogging about them in such a way that others can relate to them, too.  She's generous and helpful - most ram-like :) The balanced and harmonious influence of her Libra rising obviously calms down the Aries fire in a good way! 

You can read more from Cindy on her website and follow her on Twitter

Let's find two excellent Aries writers for her....


...here's Lauren Weisberger, the author of The Devil Wears Prada, 
one of my favourite books (much better than the film) 
and the excellent Everyone Worth Knowing


...and Aries poet and activist, 'we are not worthy' Maya Angelou



Up Next: A scary Scorpio!

Previous Posts (click writer's name to view):
Leo and AriesTerry Tyler and Proofreader Julia
LeoAnne Goodwin, Alex Johnson
GeminiJohn Privilege, Shelley Wilson
Aquarius and Capricorn: Nicky Black
AquariusCathy Ryan, Lynda Renham
SagittariusWendy J Lennox, Katrina Mountfort
Virgo: Barb Taub
Pisces: Sacha Black
Scorpio: Jenny Twist
TaurusValerie Poore
CancerKatie Oliver, Mark Barry

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Thanks Terry, it's true I'm straightforward and honest and I'm glad you think those are good traits:) Not everyone appreciates it. Could be a bit more subtle sometimes, haha. These are great fun! Didn't know LW or MA was an Aries. Knew Erica Jong and Robert Frost are as they both have my same birthday. Different years, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you know I call a spade a spade too, Cindy, so I suppose that's why I like it! Delighted to have you on here :) x

      Delete
  2. Haha, Cindy, Terry has spotted the Aries in you, and as you say, it comes out in your writing and blogging. Lovely to have met you on this excellent blog series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this series too, Vallypee:) Look forward to every post and am honored to be a part of it!

      Delete
  3. Lovely to read more about you, Cindy. I can relate to how you feel about being shy, as a Gemini I should be the first on stage, but I'd much rather hide under a table! Fortunately my dad is a ram so I let him do the talking haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley, I think lots of writers are a bit introverted. Who else would enjoy spending most of their time in their head writing stories? And social media is excellent for us because here introverts can show their extroverted side:) And my husband is also a Gemini. He has no problem leading a meeting with the president of his company in attendance. So much is dependent on your rising sign. It puts an entirely new spin on things. Easy to find for free on many sites as long as you know the exact time of your birth:)

      Delete
  4. My daughter's an Aries, but she has her shy side too. She's straightforward and honest, and can take the lead if it's necessary (she's a nurse), but has no desire to be a charge nurse. You made me think of her:)

    I'm waiting to read a Libra's take on writing to see if we have a lot in common.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith, you make me feel so much better knowing I am not alone. I'm looking forward to reading Libra too:)

      Delete
  5. Aha - I have my first Libra on Oct 18, it was ages until I got one at all! Then I have two others later, and one 'I don't believe in it all' type of post from another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for the Libras but all these posts are fun, Terry:)

      Delete
  6. I like straight forward and honest people very much Cynthia and you're quite right writing and social media are the perfect occupations for introverts - lovely to read more about you :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia:) Terry gets a different take on writers with this series and I sure had fun thinking about how the writer and the astrology worked together.

      Delete