Tuesday 1 September 2015

The Z (Zodiac!) Files ~ Gemini

Welcome to the second post from The Z Files ... on which writers show how the characteristics of their star sign influence their working lives.  A list of posts from the whole series (around 52) can be found at the end of the first one about ME, and my sister Julia Proofreader (Leo and Aries), HERE
.:*´`*:.


Fluttering across cyberspace in mercurial Gemini butterfly mode (all the way to my blog!) is Shelley Wilson, author of How I Changed My Life In A Year, other motivational books and blog posts, and YA fantasy series The Guardians.... but is she a typical Gemini writer?


"I'm on the cusp, which means I’m not as quirky as I could have been!

I had a flashback when I read that I could be a ‘jack of all trades and master of none’, this is what my dad used to say to me!  I could win awards for talking, and this was often highlighted in my old school reports, so I can tick off the chatty, communicative and sociable traits.  I didn’t like school, but I loved college, and could happily be an eternal student, I guess that means I am inquisitive and keen to learn. 

I’ve often heard that Geminis are unreliable, but I would disagree.  I am one of those annoying people who arrive twenty minutes early for everything, and I can also be counted on in an emergency, such as if you’ve run out of chocolate.  However, if you can’t keep me interested then it’s the demon realm for you – oh yes, I write fantasy, there is always a demon realm lurking; you need to be pretty imaginative to think up that stuff.  I'm also open-minded when it comes to trying out new ways of doing things ~ so versatile, too!  I would like to add loyalty to the list of Gemini traits, I am fiercely loyal when it comes to my family and friends (including my online buddies)."


.:*´`*:.
As one of Shelley's online buddies I can confirm the last bit, and add generous, cheerful, and also pretty damn perceptive, as illustrated by her motivational posts!  You can take a look at her non-fiction books and the first of her fantasy series, Guardians of the Dead, on her Amazon UK page or on her blog, and follow her on Twitter.

And finally... does Shelley have anything in common with her fellow Gemini writers?

The late and much lamented Maeve Binchy...


... and the man with the hidden camera (or dagger!) in his pen, Ian Fleming...



Thank you for joining us!  Next, an Aquarius/Capricorn writing duo, followed by a lady with a bow and arrow... Sagittarius :)




18 comments:

  1. Lovely to read more about Shelley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in good company! Thank you for letting me join your Z Files, it was great fun. Looking forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo of you! And I did laugh at how you typify Gemini traits, especially the jack of all trades bit. By the way, I have a small article about Maeve Binchy up on my wall by my desk, she inspired me to be adventurous (her words).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. If you're making a copy of Maeve's wise words for Terry, can you send a copy my way too! ;)

      Delete
  4. I love Shelley's demon realms, but never realized they were a product of her Gemini birthdate. That explains a lot about her amazing imagination.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, what makes me think you have your tongue in your cheek??!!

      Delete
  5. It great to read all about how people see themselves - I don't know much about star signs but it's interesting to see how the traits do, or don't, match :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes... and they often do more than people realise!

      Delete
  6. Great post, I’m enjoying finding out more about people :) Can’t wait to see who you have lined up next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd keep them all underwraps until they 'come out', Cathy - thought it would be more fun that way! I might have to start doing 3 a week at this rate - with 2 a week I've already got them scheduled in up until the 2nd week of November!! :)

      Delete
  7. What a fun post and lovely to learn more about Shelley through her star sign. Being a Gemini also, the challenge is now for me to be even more creative! Back to the drawing board! (So to speak!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this one too! Shelley sounds great fun and I too loved the 'Jack of all Trades' self image. I'm going to love these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, V, it's really sweet of you to look at them all! I love doing them, and posting them even more!

      Delete
  9. Your zodiac posts are just plain fun!

    ReplyDelete