Wednesday 7 September 2016

#TWD Okay, so who did #Negan kill....?


(People who aren't Walking Dead addicts, please leave now...)

What's your TWD persona according to your star sign? HERE  

Who do you think it is, then?  Not long until we find out :) 

Now, I haven't joined discussion forums or gone over and over the final scene with a microscope, studying the angles to see which way Lucille fell, or searched the Season 7 trailers looking for hidden clues; this is just what I reckon...  your comments welcome!  



Who will it be?  My opinion:

~The Definitely Nots~
  • Rick ~ because he's the star of the show, basically. And because Negan said that thing about feeding Carl's eyeballs to his dad, or whatever it was (look, I've only watched it three times and I have a lousy memory!).
  • Carl ~ for the reasons above.  And who would take care of Judith?
  • Daryl ~ no way on earth are they going to get rid of the TWD hearthrob!  There would be a global outcry!
  • Michonne ~ far too popular with the viewers.  Would the producers really get rid of Rick's love interest?  I don't think so.  Bloody hope not, anyway!

~The Possibles~
  • Abraham ~ possible, but unlikely, because they've made more of him in the last series, and given him a new relationship... but then again, he's feeling all positive about him and Sacha, and sees hope for the future, so it could be just the sort of horrendous thing they'd do...  he has the best lines on the show, so I certainly hope he doesn't go.
  • Aaron ~ hmmm... but I don't think he's been around long enough for there to be enough impact about his demise, sad though it would be (I really like this guy!).  Also, he is one half of the token gay couple, so they won't get rid of him without a replacement (article about tokenism taking shape in my head...).
  • Glenn ~ hmmmm.... we all love Glenn-and-Maggie.  Alas, it would have such impact on the group that they'd all be raring to fight back: thus, great storylines.  If  Negan kills lovely Glenn, who's been there since he rescued Rick from the tank in episode one, the rest of them would be gunning for him... big time.
  • Maggie ~ Possible, because it would be so tragic for Glenn, and could turn him hard and embittered, a new direction for him.  Then again, she is the last of the Greenes...  Urgh.  No, no, please not Glenn-and-Maggie; too ghastly!

~The Likelies~
  • Sacha ~ at first I thought it unlikely because of her new relationship with Abraham; why would they have bothered to do all that if only to destroy it?  But it could turn Abraham into an insane killing machine, so perhaps a good story line... the programme is all about terrible tragedy.  Also, she could be seen as kind of the 'Happy Shopper' Michonne.  Harsh and hard with a whole mass of baggage, and a soft side that can come out if you work at it, but perhaps not quite as viewer-friendly as Michonne.  I do like Sacha (I watched her being reunited with Tyreese after Terminus the other day, and cried!), but I can see that the writers might consider her expendable.
  • Rosita ~  Now they've ended her relationship with Abraham, what is her role in the series, apart from being another fierce soldier who happens to be pretty gorgeous?  Also, it would put a strain on Abraham, because he would feel guilty about making her last days so unhappy, which is just the sort of thing the writers would love!  On the other hand, they've developed her personality more in the last series, and her association with Deanna's surviving son has legs ~ but is that just to make us care more when she gets killed?
  • Eugene ~ based mainly on his bro-hug with Abraham, and the fact that he gave Rick the bullets recipe.  Oh, and because he had finally come into his own and stopped being scared, which would make it doubly sad.  For me, he's the most likely, although it does also seem to be the most obvious ~ which, of course, makes it less so....
  •  
Just love this picture of happier times...!

As for the rest of it, I have to admit to seeing Morgan pushing Carol in a wheelchair in the trailer, I think Jesus may turn out to be someone we all love, after a shaky start (and he is pretty hot too, of course), and I have high hopes for the chaps in armour on horses!  AND there must be a reason for Heath and Tara having been sent off on a fortnight run, mustn't there (I love Heath, btw)?  Aren't they due back around now?  Perhaps they are going to leap in on the way back and make some dashing rescue....


I'd love to hear what you think...if more than a couple of people comment I'll do a post featuring excerpts!

16 comments:

  1. I agree with you that the writers wouldn't dare get rid of Michonne, Rick, Daryl, or Carl. (They'd lose way too many viewers if they did, and the ones that stayed would be furious!)

    I honestly think it's either going to be Glenn or Maggie. They're beloved characters, so seeing them split up would be quite sad. But it would also provide interesting character development for whoever is left behind.

    We'll see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just found a way to reply to my comments!!!! Thanks for your input, will be doing another post with everyone's thoughts soon :)

      Delete
    2. Terry, I was just thinking of you because I am getting so excited for return of Walking Dead!! I think it is 2 people based on FB site called "Spoiling Dead Fans."
      -Glenn
      -Abraham
      That's the clencher it's two..
      However AMC knows about this site & have already been threatened with Lawsuit, so maybe it will be different outcome.....
      Love this Blog awesome�� BTW loved BESTSELLER!!

      Delete
    3. Gotcha!! Thanks for your input - I shall tag you in my final post!

      Love that you loved Bestseller - I saw your review on Goodreads yesterday and commented - sorry I hadn't seen and commented before, but I don't go on Goodreads very often and always forget to look at the Amazon.com reviews as my readership is mostly UK based. Having said that, Bestseller has sold tons in the US, by far the BESTSELLER I've ever had there. Thanks again, sweetie xxx

      Delete
  2. OMG I can't wait for TWD to return. I hate to admit it but me and the kids DID analyse, re-watch, draw charts lol. We are putting our money on it being Abraham. The whole him and Sacha bond is to make us feel all fuzzy and warm before they rip our hearts out!! Whoever it is, I know I'm going to be sobbing into the couch cushion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting choice - and hurrah, I've found a way to reply to my comments!

      Delete
  3. I LOVED this blog post! As a TWD fanatic I've been counting the cadavers in anticipation of the new series spewing its rotting entrails over our TV screens very soon!

    As for who did Neegan kill...well, I hope it's Carl 'cos if I have to look at his dodgy eye makeup again or that really infuriating haircut lurking beneath an even more infuriating hat...I shall personally take it upon myself to send one of my own undead around to sort him out!

    Another fab post, Terry! Ta muchly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn, I'm looking forward to doing the post with what everyone thinks!

      Delete
  4. My money's on Glenn...it would bring the whole thing back into the comic book territory. Kirkland seems to like doing that. Daryl getting bumped would hit the female viewers rating for six; he's seriously mouth watering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does seem that Glenn seems to be the favorite!

      Delete
  5. I agree with most of your theories! I don't think it will be someone sort of inconsequential if you know what I mean (Rosita etc.). Actually I kind of want it to be Sasha, is that bad? I don't like how her and Abraham got together, it would be a sort of punishment for him breaking Rosita's heart (I'm so evil!). My guess is also maybe Abraham, I don't know why. I like him/the actor and he is a strong character though so probably not. Or Eugene, who I also like. I think the Glenn double bluff thing is definitely a posibility but I almost feel like it's too obvious. Gosh it's all so confusing, it really could be (almost!)anyone! ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was gutted for Rosita too, I really like her! I love Abraham as well - well, I like all of them.... thanks for your input, Steff! Looking forward to doing the post with the results of everyone's theories....

      My husband told me the other day that he thinks it's Eugene because he looked on IMdb and Josh McDermitt is starring in a new series. Ladbrookes won't take bets on it because they say the outcome had been known for some time. So perhaps it IS Glenn - this seems to be the most popular choice!

      Delete
  6. I liked reading this, TT, but of course I have no clue as I've never seen anything of the series. Sounds like a good one though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most watched series on cable TV ever, VP, and something of a cult, almost! Zombie apocalypse, taken from comic books of the same name. Utterly gripping :)

      Delete
  7. in the new trailer for the walking dead, rick has blood across the right side of his face, Maggie was on his right side

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many ways to analyse this, aren't there?!

      Delete