Monday 2 November 2015

Walkthrough - How I beat Fungus on Mega Brutal - Plague Inc

(For Plague Inc addicts only, ie, nothing to do with the usual stuff on my blog!)

It took me a long time to work out how to do Fungus on Brutal, let alone Mega Brutal; once you understand it, though, it's quite easy.  As you will know, getting it to infect is the hard thing, but getting it spread around early does help (ps, Brutal can be done with only 2 spore bursts!).  Please note, I play on my tablet, I don't know how well this strategy will work on Xbox One or other devices.


Here's how I did it: 

DNA Genes: Cytochrome Surge
Travel Genes: Aerocyte
Evolution Genes: Patho-Statis (1 point for each spore burst - got to be done!)
Mutation Genes: Genetic Mimic
Environment Genes: Extremophile

Start in Brazil

Don't forget - if any symptoms mutate before the cure is found, devolve them immediately (to get the points and to keep it unnoticed).  Do so even after the cure has started, as it still gives you a point or two.

Order of play:
All Spore Bursts (SB) in one circle, including the Spore Eruption (SE)
(2 at a time to make sure you can pop them all!)
Air 1
Water 1
All Spore Bursts in the second circle, EXCEPT FOR SE.
Cold Resistance (CR) 1
Drug Resistance (DR) 1
CR 2
DR 2

Around now the disease should be noticed - make sure you have 29 points for Genetic Hardening 1 & 2.  It's imperative to get these as soon as possible, as they really slow the cure down.

Now:
Coughing
Pneumonia
Air 2
Water 2
Extreme Bioaerosol (EB)

After you've put all these in play, give it a bit longer, then look to see which countries are still not infected.  If there are a few that don't have land near them (like Greenland, the Phillipines, the Caribbean, New Guinea), do the second Spore Eruption.  The others will get infected anyway.  Be patient and you shouldn't need to get Spore Hardening, thus saving yourself 5 points.  You might even get away with not getting the second SE.

Get Pulmonary Fibrosis

The last time I did this route, the cure was at 55% when the last person was infected.  It definitely shouldn't be any higher than this if you're going to win!

Immediately the last person is infected:
Devolve EB, Air 2, CR 1 and CR 2 - 6 points refunded
Get Total Organ Failure (TOF).

If the cure is over 65%, which it soon will be, get Genetic Reshuffle (GRes) 1, then GRes 2 and GRes 3 the minute you can - shouldn't be too hard because the points roll over really quickly on Fungus once you've got TOF going.

I needed Coma and Paralysis to make sure the cure didn't beat me.

I finished it with the cure on 86%, with 8680 points.

50 comments:

  1. You are amazing, TT, did you know that? I have no clue what this is about, but I'm in awe of your method :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What cracks me up is that you comment on these, Val!!!!! People write books about this stuff.... I know a few men who download them. I'm amazed by how many views they get - one of them comes up 3rd on the appropriate page on Google. I do get obsessed with these games, tho :) xx

      Delete
  2. Doesn't work with the pc version, I don't know, costs get too much higher and you can do nothing, theu found a cure and I had yet to develop drug and cold resistence 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't know if it would or not, they're not quite the same, are they. Sometimes, though, if you just do the same basic order it works, and sometimes it doesn't, I find. Depends which countries infect when, doesn't it - I've been doing speed runs lately and have found that you nedd to get both cold resistances early on or Greenland takes bloody ages :)

      Delete
  3. I couldn't get TOF cause I he no dna left to evolve and it never evolved cysts or hypersensitivity so I couldn't get paralysis or coma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if you try it a few times it will work - it evolves different things every time, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I tried a few times and finally it worked!! Thx terry tyler

      Delete
    2. Oh, nice one! Thanks for letting me know :^D

      Delete
  5. It took me a full day of playing to win using this strategy, and I had to change a couple of the genes. And in the end I won more because of luck than any ability.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at least you got there, eh? I don't think one person's strategies can ever work for everyone because, as you say, it's a lot to do with luck. I only put up these walkthroughs after they'd worked for me more than once. Hope you 'get there' with the rest of them!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much, I've tried nearly every walkthrough and non of them worked excepted yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i tried so many youtube guides.. But this is by far the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's great - thanks for letting me know! Hope the other ones work for you too :)

      Delete
  8. This is the only guide i have been able to find that ACTUALLY WORKS.
    I tried a couple others and i must have played the level like 15 times with no luck. I was so frustrated.
    Then i found this one and won on my second play through. 760 days with a score of 11000 ish. Best one i have been able to find thus far, thank you so much for helping my head not explode :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! Glad it helped, thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete
  9. Amazing...I just got a new phone and had to replay the diseases to regain my progress. Wanted mega brutal completions, so I could play the special. Tried 6 different walkthrough providers with 10 different walkthroughs. Several attempts were made on each without success. Tried yours and I succeeded first try lol. That should be proof enough people. Thank you Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh,that's great, thanks! Maybe because I am not a walkthrough provider, but just someone who was pleased to be able to suss them out, so wanted to share my joy in completing them!!

      Delete
  10. Cracking Guide! Easiest walkthrough to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I play with PS4 and i have the platinum with your help thx !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't work for me. Followed step by step but cure increased to quickly and i didn't have enough DNA for GR2, GR3, or TOF.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not sure what I did wrong, unless luck just wasn't in my favor.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Try it a few times; as you can see from the comments above, it's worked for lots of others. I know it's a bit hit and miss, but I didn't put any of these walkthroughs up until it had worked twice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nailed it on the first try with your method. Well done!

    My endgame was very different though. I made sure I had enough DNA saved up for GRes at the very end, because you slice 10+% off the cure meter if you use it over 95%. I bought Coma right after TOF and Insomia (all I could afford) cure hit 99%, and I won 15 seconds later.

    Still first time I beat it in 50 attempts. Hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Work for me on PC thanks very much :) was stuck on fungus on mega brutal for AGESSSS :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. THANK YOU! I lost the level 3 times with less than 150 millions of humans alive, I tried another guides but no one worked. Thanks to you I exterminated the mankind finally :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - really good to hear these methods are working for people!

      Delete
  18. Yeah - sneezing is good because it gets more infected, doesn't it? I usually go via coughing because it's the least points, tho!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The for the guide! I finally won mega brutal fungas;

    My stats are as follows:
    Time: 921 days
    Cure Progress: 96%
    Score Total: 7620

    I also had to use coma and paralysis to get the cure from 99 down to about 94. At least I won though. Again, thanks for guide!

    ReplyDelete
  20. DIDNT WORK at end i had 49 dna when last one infected i devolved everything and it went to 34 dna and i needed 61!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I've said with all of these, I had to do them quite a lot of times, and it varies every time. There's no failsafe method; I just outlined the ones that work for me.

      Delete
  21. I tried 4 times and it didn't work. I played on the tablet too. The total organ failure cost went up to 61 dna points.

    ReplyDelete
  22. dang... work well on my 3rd try... thx ...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for the advice. I did everything the same, except I opted for the Gene that gives a DNA bonus for popping red bubbles. I finished with 77% cure completion and nearly 11,000 points.

    ReplyDelete
  24. After several days of failing, your guide is the first one that actually helped! Got the win from the first try, 75% complete, 10000 points, 810 days. The only difference is the genetic code that i've used: Cytochrome Surge, Aerocyte, Patho-stasis, Genetic Mimic, Urbophile.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay! Was stuck for over a week. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tweaked it a little bit... Saved both Spore Eruptions for later on when the last 5-6 countries were needing to be infected... This worked better. Used them to secure the last few countries and then waited a bit, evolved a genetic reshuffle to buy some time, then when no country had more than 50% healthy left, I bought Total Organ Failure. After that, just upgrading genetic reshuffles as necessary (and if you have leftover points, buy more symptoms, preferably the lethal ones) and finished with sub-80% on the cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this was helpful to you both! Ah - I never thought of saving both spore eruptions. Good idea - I like trying mega brutal starting in really hard countries, like Greenland and Korea (Latter - no air and sea connections!), so I'll try this.

      Delete
  27. Bro I'm so mad.. The strategy was working so freaking well and I was about to win until I used genetic reshuffle and it causes TOF to go up to 61 points... Did GR again and it stayed the same.. Cure is at 87, please send help LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me laugh - being called 'Bro' is a new one on me, as I am a 62 year old woman!!! I know, though, it's such a bummer when the TOF increases, just when you think you've got it. Paranoia sends the cure down one point, Paralysis down about 5 - they can be just the help you need!!!

      Delete